Europe's Leading Men's Health Shockwave Clinic
Erectile Dysfunction and Brain Injury
A brain injury can change the way a man experiences and expresses his sexuality. Problems can include reduced libido, issues with sexual functioning, including Erectile Dysfunction (ED). A recent study showed that the incidence rate of ED was higher in Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) patients when compared with a non-TBI control group and concluded that these “finding might remind clinicians that it’s crucial in early identification and treatment of ED in post-TBI patients.”
This is why you should seek professional advice from your consultant or one of his colleagues about any sexual problems occurring after brain injury. This advice can include some common brain injury problems:
- Depression, stress, and anxiety.
- Reduced libido due to prescribed medications
- Treatment for ED
Traumatic Injury Affecting the Brain
Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) means any type of brain damage that occurs after birth and can be caused by damage resulting from disease or infection, lack of oxygen or a head blow. Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) is a type of ABI, usually caused by a violent blow to the head.
Common sexual problems following TBI include:
- Reduced libido – approximately 50% of men with TBI experience a drop in their sex drive. Sometimes this is because that despite their interest in sex, their bodies do not respond.
- Erectile problems – as many as 40 to 60% of men have temporary or permanent impotence following injury.
- Reduced frequency of intercourse – perhaps caused by disability or depression.
- Fatigue and Tiredness -Men with TBI can often physically or mentally tire easily affecting their interest in sex and sexual activity.
Normal sexual behaviour and erectile function depends on complex interactions between various body-systems, including the brain, nerves, and blood-supply. In order to have a satisfactory erection and to sustain it, there must be a good supply of blood to the penis. Injury or age can affect this flow and our treatment can help you overcome this. You can read some of their testimonials by following this link to our Client Reviews and Testimonials page.
If you have been prescribed ‘little blue pills’ as a medication to overcome ED, you may find that after a while they cease to work as well as when you were first prescribed them. At MansMatters we have treated hundreds of men with ED, restoring their blood flow to the penis and having strong spontaneous erections without resorting to pills. We have a unique combination of treatments that includes Shockwave therapy.
To find out more call us today or please take a moment to complete the contact form below and we will get back to you quickly.